Welcome to Synthite
Founded in 1920, Synthite has a long and successful history as a chemicals manufacturer. The company has gained an excellent reputation from its prestigious customer base for quality, reliability, flexibility and speed of response.
1920 – founded in West Bromwich to produce resins but soon became a successful manufacturer of formaldehyde.
1928 – Synthite was incorporated into the Charles Tennant Group, a diverse international network of manufacturing and distribution companies.
1950 – formaldehyde production began at the newly acquired plant in Mold, North Wales.
1991 – all production moved to North Wales.
2004 – Synthite acquire BIP, a renowned manufacturer of speciality chemicals and amino moulding powders. It is rebranded as BIP (Oldbury)
2014 – Acquired amino resin manufacturing facilities in Mold and Cork from Dynea , renamed TS Resin and Marinochem